Misty R. Patton
Mrs. Patton has 17 years of Medical Assisting experience and knowledge. She has both specialty as well as inpatient experience in the areas of Trauma and Labor & Delivery. Prior to teaching students about the field of Medical Assisting, Mrs. Patton was a Health Educator where she discussed and taught Breastfeeding, car seat safety (newborns), and post-partum birth control options within a well-recognized Women’s Center. Once Mrs. Patton stepped into the Health Educator role within a clinical setting, she realized that education while within the realm of medicine was where she truly belonged.
- Associate of Science Degree, Health Studies, Carrington College, Phoenix , AZ
- California Licensed Phlebotomist (CPT-1), San Francisco City College, San Francisco, CA
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, National Health Career Association (NHA)
- American Association of Medical Assistants Member (AAMA)
- Certified Lactation Consultant/ Educator, UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, CA
- California Career Technical Teaching Credential (CTE), University of San Diego